Sunday, November 11, 2007

Aliens Are Dancing on the Milky Way



This is my one and only music video. The song is "Aliens Are Dancing On the Milky Way" and unfortunately, the sound quality isn't that great. This is a better audio version. The video was done the old-fashioned way -- drawing each frame in Appleworks and then putting it all together in iMovie. Okay, that doesn't sound all that old-fashioned, but what I meant was that I didn't use fancy computer imaging software. I just drew everything freehand.

I wrote the music about three years ago when I first discovered Garageband on my (at that time) new Mac. I adored the program as soon as I tried it. The song's musical bed is made with loops over which I created a melody and wrote some lyrics. I sang into the pinhole mic on my Mac (I've now got much better sound equipment) and had a blast. I love to sing, especially jazz, and Aliens is a salute to the novelty tunes many jazz singers used to perform.

I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

I've always liked this song of yours.

Joanna Sandsmark said...

Thank you, nell!